Lately i have been trying to get fit and healthy and that means exercising! 😀 I know we all hate it,( i super hate it, always so bored when i try to run) so i have been searching for fun ways to work out and get fit! So i shall share a few here with everyone.
Yoga & pilates
Why yoga you ask.. 🙂
1. Pilates is designed to give you suppleness, natural grace, and skill that will be unmistakably reflected in the way you walk, in the way you play, and in the way you work.
2. Regular Pilates practice typically leads to a stronger, leaner body while developing body awareness and having an overall de-stressing effect on most people.
3. Yoga makes you feel better. Practicing the postures, breathing exercises and meditation makes you healthier in body, mind and spirit. Yoga lets you tune in, chill out, shape up — all at the same time.
4.Specifically, research shows that yoga helps manage or control anxiety, arthritis, asthma, back pain, blood pressure, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic fatigue, depression, diabetes, epilepsy, headaches, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, stress and other conditions and diseases. What’s more, yoga:
Improves muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina
Reduces stress and tension
Boosts self esteem
Improves concentration and creativity
Stimulates the immune system
Creates sense of well being and calm.
Join dance classes and zumba
1. Fun and easy to learn.
2. A 60-minute Zumba class incorporates elements of merengue, salsa, cumbia, reggaeton, and hip-hop, and features exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. While traditional dance classes use counts to pace steps, Zumba teachers have students repeat a series of movements.
3. Zumba is a total-body cardio and aerobic dance workout. “It’s a moderate form of exercise, so you might not have the intensity you achieve if you went running for the same length of time. But you’re going to get the benefits of a cardio workout. If your goal is to be healthy, work up a sweat, and stimulate your cardio system, it’s perfect
4. Improved Cardiovascular Health~One of the best fitness benefits associated with Zumba dancing is an improvement in your cardiovascular health
5. Weight Loss~as stated above, Zumba is a type of cardiovascular exercise, and research has found that participating in cardiovascular exercise is the best way to lose weight. For best results, try to track how many calories you burn during the workout, and use this to maximize your weight loss. For example, in one pound of fat there is 3500 calories.
6. Improved Coordination~Zumba dancing is also a great way to improve your coordination. Having a good sense of coordination is very important, especially as you age.
7. Improved Mood~Finally, research has found that all types of exercise produce endorphins, which are a type of “feel-good” hormone that are released into the blood stream after you finish exercising. People who suffer from bouts of depression are often encouraged to participate in physical activity in order to benefit from these hormones.
The best things about these workouts is that you can do them from the comfort of your own home. Here is a link to a terrific zumba workout class you can do. 🙂