I hardly ever talk about anything personal on this blog, but today merits a bit of intimacy i believe! 😀
Today is my five year anniversary with my boyfriend! Yes.. 5 Years.. WOOOWW! It seems like a long time when i say it out loud, but it feels like we have just met. It feels like we have been dating just for a short time, still exploring and discovering new things about each other every single day.
Let me give a little back story to our world whirl relationship. We met during my first year in University, just 3 months after I began studying and the day we met I knew we were destined to be. It probably sounds sappy, but anyway, we met, we clicked and we have been together ever since.
It was hard at times, filled with fights, misunderstandings and general confusion as can be when two strangers get to know each other. But we always got through it, and we always ended up loving each other more afterwards and this has been the best 5 years of my life, the happiest I have ever been and I never thought it was possible to love someone this much until I met him. And I’m pretty sure he will not read this, he never much checks out this blog, but thats ok. I just felt a need to scream it to the world that I am in love and it’s been five years and I hope to celebrate man more years to come with him. 😀
Happy anniversary my handsome, sweet, lovely, amazing bf! I love you more than words can say. 😀
p.s that is not us in the picture. 🙂
One of the best ways to improve and deepen a relationship is mutual understanding. What’s the best way to achieve this? Asking questions, really listening, and then sharing your stories too. How do we really ever know our spouse/lover/boyfriend/girlfriend? By playing this game i found online you get to really know your partner in a fun game. Take turns asking and answering the questions below. There are no exact rules. The idea is to have fun mostly with just the conversation. You can modify questions for younger children. You can introduce drawing or painting, singing or charades. You could throw a bean bag back and forth each time you do a new question? You can do this standing, sitting, or walking. It can be played inside, outside or over the phone. It’s not a competitive game. It’s a game of fun, warmth, and relationship building
You can either take turns asking questions you like from the list or you can randomly choose numbers, whatever works for you. If other questions follow naturally, all the better. Let the conversation flow! Let us know how you modify the game for more fun!
The Questions (for any age – feel free to modify)
The Questions (for any age – feel free to modify)
- What is your favorite color?
- Who do you admire most?
- Who is your best friend?
- What is your funniest habit?
- What do you dislike/hate?
- What was your favorite dream ever?
- What was your scariest dream ever?
- What famous person would you like to have dinner with? What would you talk about?
- Have you ever dreamed you could fly?
- What is your favorite smell?
- What is your favorite song?
- What do you like to do when you’re bored?
- What’s your favorite adventure you’ve been on?
- What are you most scared of?
- If you could live anywhere and bring anyone you want, where would you live?
- What place are you keen to visit? Far away and nearby.
- What are you most proud of?
- Did/Do you have an imaginary friend? Tell us more.
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- What is your favorite holiday memory?
- What was the best and worst day of your life?
- What is your favorite food? Least favorite?
- What is your favorite word? Least favorite?
- How do you express your creativity?
- Where do you believe we come from before birth?
- Where do you believe we go after death?
- What is something that always makes you laugh?
- What person always makes you laugh?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- What would be the consequences if you got your wish?
- Do you collect or live simply? Explain.
- What drives you crazy?
- What makes you smile?
- What do you know about your heritage? Grandparents and back.
- Do you have a favorite story from your family history?
- What’s the most shocking thing you ever did?
- What would you like to have a “do-over” on?
- What is your favorite story to tell?
- What’s your favorite animal? Why?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
- What one thing do you want to change in yourself?
- When did you feel most alone?
- When did you feel most happy?
- What do you do to cheer yourself up?
- With whom would you like to trade places for a day?
- What makes you mad?
- Do you want to have children?
- What’s your favorite thing you own?
- What do you wish you could do?
- What are the colors of the numbers 1-10? Letters?
- What are you afraid of?
- What would your dream house be like?
- Do you believe in angels?
- Are you ticklish?
- What is your favorite place?
- What’s your favorite place in nature?
- Which do you like better: hot or cold?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume?
- What was your favorite thing to do as a kid?
- What is your favorite memory from high school? college? grade school?
- What makes you sad?
- What does your name mean? Why did your parents choose it?
- What are your favorite clothes?
- Who is your favorite person to talk to? Why?
- What’s your favorite hiding place?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What do you want people to remember you for?
- What is your most annoying habit (to others)?
- In your most difficult relationship, what makes it so?
- How do you show compassion?
- What are you always curious to learn more about?
- Whom do you miss?
- What do you like to teach?
- What is your favorite gadget?
- What do you like to write about?
- What is your favorite “bad” thing to do?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Favorite book?
- Favorite band? Song?
- Do you like to go camping?
- What fascinates you?
- What makes you special?
Happy playing and hopefully this will make your relationships stronger.. 😀